Saturday 31 October 2009

My own Prada dance-dress



Ok, it’s not Prada. But the material is (from my material-heaven where they sell designer remnants).
I based it on my cowl-neckline-top/dress-pattern but changed the sleeve-openings to cap-sleeves, instructions and the original pattern are posted and can be downloaded for free on Burdastyle (here).



I call it my dance dress because the first time I wore it was to my friend’s birthday-party with african dancing-dance-teachers (we danced all night, it was great!) and the second time was to a Röyksopp concert (accompanied by Robyn and the singer in the Knife. OK, these are all scandinavian musicians so you mightn’t know them but it’s all great dance/club-music) followed by clubbing at my friend’s club. So it’s well danced after only two nights out.


Röyksopp and Robyn rocking it in The Girl and the Robot, it was great! I used camera-phone that's old and not very good to photograph, so I'm surprised (and glad) that the picture turned out ok. Funny detail, in the video I linked to Robyn is wearing a dress that's very similar to mine... she's got style ;-)!

However, I don’t recommend making dancing-dresses in 100% wool. Steaming. I guess I’m going to have to make another one in cotton…



Description

Dance away!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails