Friday 4 December 2009

Happy friday

I won this 1940's pattern on e-bay today!

It's probably much better for me than the last one I wrote about (and made a toile for), it's much more grown up and reminds me of the blouse I made using McCall 6520, that I really like. Gathers below the shoulder-yoke, darts around the waist, and shoulder pads. I think they are all details that work for my body-type. At the same time this pattern is totally different from the blouse with the neat shirt-collar and long set-in sleeves (I might make it short sleeved though...).























Are those double darts around the waist by the way?

I also won this 1950's (1960's?) pattern from the same seller. There's no note of the pattern company in the item-description (I think that may have given me less competition, so I don't mind!), only a number (1137). Interesting to see what it is... I like the detail where the front-pieces overlap the side-pieces and become a kind of collar on the shoulders.



















So many sewing-possibilities, so little time, I can't wait for christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I love the second pattern. I can't wait to see how it turns out. The 50's is my favourite era!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I reckon that those are tucks on the first pattern rather than darts - I have a very similar pattern and they are simple tucks that give a nice blousy effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dresses! the first one is great..I love those lines from the 1940's (and yes, it does appear as if it has two waist darts!!)

    Happy sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. VIlka fina mönster! Hittade hit via whipstitch sewing, kul med en till sömmerska :)
    Det första mönstret påminner mig om en klänning som jag syr på just nu.

    Ha det bra!
    Nadja
    www.ensaligblandning.se

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails