These are all the pattern-pieces laid out on the material. I never use the pattern layout instruction, it's a puzzle, it's part of the fun! Plus, it's usually possible to save material by laying them out differently to the suggested way (maybe because I always use one of the smallest sizes).
I actually made it without copying the pattern first, which for me feels like cheating. But it was in good condition, so I decided it was ok.
I think it really resembles the picture on the envelope! Although it shouldn't, this pattern (I remebered after cutting the material and sewing all the basic seams) is made for a 30" bust, I'm a 32,5"... I don't get it. It should be too small, and I actually think it's a bit too big! That's normal with modern patterns, but I thought they added a bit less ease before.
Note to self: always, always measure the pattern-pieces before sewing. And make plenty of toiles... (I didn't this time, I SO glad it fit me!).
The front is pleated beneath the yoke, and I've finally understood why you sew two parallell lines of gathering-thread... one should be on either side of the actual seam... you can tell that I put both in the seam-allowance, it looks more creased than gathered. I'll do better next time (I love to learn new things)!
You can also, kind of, see the shoulder pads (a first for me!). I think maybe they should be placed further out on the shoulder, I might try that. They had quite strong shoulders in the 1940's...
And I like the material, a pure cotton remnant. I've bought 10 meters of it, so you'll be sure see more blue creations here in the future!